Diana's sister, Sarah, was the first love of Prince Charles.
The wait for the 'People' and ' ABC' network's much-awaited show 'The Story Of Diana' has already ended, and we've got excerpts of all the unbelievable truth from the part one and two. The documentary features an in-depth conversation with the Princess (recorded before her death), while experts on Diana share all the extraordinary events of her life.
The documentary, which aired on ABC was released on Diana's 20th anniversary of her tragic car accident in which she died at the age of 36. The documentary shows some of the very personal and comprehensive footages from her life that portrays her struggle in the personal life and how she became People's, Princess.
However, in case you've missed the long and detailed episodes; we at WittyFeed have brought you some of the fascinating facts from her life that may change your perception of her.
Have a look!
1) Princess Diana, born as Diana Spencer used to live in a rental house at Sandringham Estate, owned by Royal Family.
2) Diana isn't the only one to have the relationship with Prince Charles. It is said that Diana's sister, Sarah had briefly dated Prince Charles way before Diana even met him.
3) Before she became a Princess, Diana used to work in a nursery school at nominal pay.
4) The relationship between Prince Charles and Diana was so formal that Princess Diana used to call him, 'Sir.'
5) The Royal couple had met several times before Prince Charles proposed to marry her.
6) Diana was only 19 years old when she got engaged and then married to Prince Charles.
7) After their engagement when a reporter asked Charles if 'they are in love,' he replied "Whatever love means, (it is) such a range of interpretations."
8) Princess Diana's hairstyle during the engagement was so popular that women started copying it.
9) Instead of hiring the famous designer, Diana employed a couple, David and Elizabeth Emanuel (the college graduates) to design her wedding dress.
10) To distract the media, David and Elizabeth fake ordered ivory and white fabrics. The media used to dig out every bit of information, so they had to do this.
11) Elizabeth Emanuel shares that Princess Diana went from 26-27 inch of waist to 23 inches for her marriage.
12) Her dress was made up of crisp taffeta fabric. It seemed as Princess Diana's dress was little crumpled when she got out of the carriage.
13) The aisle was so long that it took her 3 minutes 30 seconds to reach Prince Charles.
14) Camilla (Charles' current wife) had an affair with Prince Charles when he got married to Princess Diana. In the documentary and other interviews after their marriage, Diana did confess that she was looking for Camilla while walking down the aisle.
15) Diana broke the tradition by not saying that 'she promises to obey' during her wedding ceremony.
16) Approx. 750 million people around the world witnessed their wedding take place.
17) On their honeymoon yacht, Prince Charles was wearing the cufflinks that Camilla gave him.
18) It's a tradition that Princess should give birth at the Royal Palace only, but William was born in the hospital.
19) Less than an hour after the birth of their newborn child (Harry), Prince Charles went to play polo. He was upset that Harry looked more like Diana.
20) While she was on a ski trip with her children, Princee Diana stopped a photographer from taking her children's picture. That recording is still available in which she said, "Excuse me. As a parent, could I ask you to respect my children's space? As a parent, I want to protect the children."
21) Following the rumors that Prince Charles and Camilla are coming back together, it is said that Diana (during a dinner hosted by Camilla and her sister, Annabel) told her "Don't treat me like an idiot."
22) By 1986, Diana has entirely assured herself of Charles and Camilla's serious relationship.
23) As reported a lot of times by media, most people believed that Diana was in a sexual relationship with her Barry Mannakee.
24) Coincidentally, he died in a motorbike accident 1987. Prince Charles shared this news with Diana during their flight to Cannes Film Festival.
24) The press was so desperate to find out what's going on between the Royal couple that they started to bribe delivery boys and butlers.
25) Diana in her biography written by Andrew Morton shares; "My husband put his hand on my waistline and said, 'Oh, a bit chubby here aren't we?'" Andrew writes this could be the reason that led to Diana's eating disorders.
26) Diana and her love interest James Govey's phone call tapes were leaked, followed by Prince Charles and Camilla's tapes as well.
27) To provoke Diana, the media crossed all their limits and started shouting unethical words like "Are you ashamed of your husband?" "Diana, what do you think he does in bed to her that's not done for you?" "Who are you fucking now?"
28) On December 9, 1992; it was announced officially that Princess Diana and Prince Charles would separate.
29) In 1994, Prince Charles took part in a documentary in which he officially admitted that he cheated on Princess Diana.
30) According to the source, Diana looked for a newspaper in the morning, only to see if she's on the front page.
31) During her interview in 1995 with BBC on their TV show, The Panorama, Princess Diana said a line that has become iconic. It is "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was crowded."
32) After this interview, her title 'Her Royal Highness' was removed, but she remained 'Diana, Princess of Wales.'
33) Diana and Charles parted their ways in August 1996.
34) Princess Diana dated Pakistan born British heart surgeon Hasnat Khan, but it could not last long as he couldn't handle being in the public eye.
35) She also dated and spent nights in Paris with Egyptian billionaire's son, Dodi Fayed.
36) On August 31, 1997, Diana's private secretary, Michael Gibbons shared the unfortunate news that her driver and Princess Diana had died in a car crash. She was only 36 years old.
37) Tebbutt went to the hospital first, where Diana was and later reported that she was in bed, with ordinary linens, covered up to her neck.
To know more about her life, you can do and watch 'The Story of Diana.'
In her funeral, her brother's speech was so heartfelt that crowd couldn't stop themselves from applauding.
That's all, folks!