On 12-Oct-2017 In People
It was the same routine of the day when a mother, Meghan Budden was just starting to feed her baby boy, Jimmy. The boy was lying on the bed in a way that his mother could see deep inside his nose. It was unintentional, but Meghan noticed something up Jimmy's nose that changed their lives completely.The mother swabbed her child's nose and found some black spots inside. Just like any other mother, she started to worry and looked for possible answers. Suddenly, a thought struck her mind, as she remembered something from the previous night.Meghan who lives in New Jersey had lit two full-size scented candles in the room, that burned for almost six hours.What did the candle do? That's the story we all need to know.Have a look!
When she purchased the candle, she just ignored the warnings mentioned below it; like most of us do and that's where all the problems began.
"Do not burn more than three hours at one time. Due to the extended amount of time, the candle had produced the toxic substance, soot (a particle)."
"Breathing these tiny particles can cause coronary heart disease, asthma, bronchitis, and many other respiratory illnesses. Particle exposure leads to around 20,000 premature deaths in America each year."
Among these 20,000 deaths every year, most of them are caused due to Soot related issues. It leads to failure of the respiratory system.
But even after removing the Soot from her child's nose, Budden still saw some residue, but it was nothing fatal.
"My experience could be a learning for everyone, especially mothers who should take time to read the warning below all the things which are kept and used around their babies.
If that day she wouldn't have looked at her baby's nose, imagine what life-harming impacts it could've had.
Regularly trim your candle’s wick and burn for only a few hours.
It is said that either your life can become an example or a warning. Meghan is an example which could've turned into a warning with further delays. It's not a story of Meghan alone, this is learning for each one us. Something to learn from this story.That's all, folks!